Tritonvt,

Actually I would say it is much more. With the few fish sampled, fish are running from about 3.75 lbs. to the biggest so far at 5 lbs. 10 oz. if you averaged those two and multiplied by 120 fish you get about 562.2 lbs. Pond is 1/10th acre so that is about 5,622 lbs. per acre. I would guess there has been some mortality as I have found about a half a dozen this year so there are probably less fish than 120. Some dead fish never float up especially trout according to a trout farmer I know.

I run about 38 gpms of well water into the pond which would come out to 14.79 lbs per gallon. I think the extensive Chara actually allows for extended carrying capacity due to the high surface area for nitrification. It also adds oxygen in the daytime, and there seems to be enough flow and aeration at night to keep oxygen levels high enough.

I've see a guide that recommends about 12.5 lbs. per gallon in my situation of an earthen pond.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.