Quote:
Originally posted by Alligator:
ML,

I was attempting to say (but somehow missed) why not fish 1/3 of the larger pond each session...wouldnt that equal the fishing pressure on the 3 smaller ponds in rotation?

Gator
No you didn't miss. I missed in my explaination. I understood your point. Let me try again, please.

My point: bass are conditioned by the mere act of fishing and fish being caught. They don't have to be caught to be conditioned. With the 90/10 hypothesis, I can condition every bass in a 12 acre pond rather easily...I only have to fish that 1.2 acres where they all hang out with regularity. The other case, the bass in the ponds that aren't fished, don't get conditioned by me fishing in one pond. Two ponds get an extensive rest...studies show that bass can and do forget conditioning...you just have to hit that timing right.

p.s. by the way, I'm not likely to avoid that area where 90% of the fish hang out. Thats where I will fish, every time...maybe others more self-controlled can fish where they know there are no fish, but not me.