First off let me say that after reading and searching this site for a week or so, I must say this is a boat load of information. I will be purchasing your mag, I can only imagine the info contained within it's page's. My limited knowledge on pond building will become evident as time goes on. But one can only learn by asking the ones with the knowledge, and that would be you folks !!!

I will try to keep this short.

Bass fishing is what I "claim" to know, structure, cover, when they bite best, stuff like that. A very good friend of mine has some land with a pond on it. A little over a year ago I started fishing it at his request, just to see what was in it. Within a week I had caught and released some LMB up to 5 lbs. He became interested in LMB fishing and soon, many thanks to me, was hooked himself.

In the fall he approched me and asked what was needed to be done to make it better, and to raise some big bass. I threw out some ideas, and was, shall we say, hired to oversee the project. I just wanted to make it deeper and a little larger.

With that said, here's a link to some pics of what has taken place so far. My server is slow so be patient please.

http://www.guestfamily.com/robertg/pond.htm

Question: We moved the fish on Friday, it was a success. 33 fish over 3 lbs. Of that, 12 in the 4 lb range, and 2 pushing 7 lbs. There was much rejoicing. Now they need some food. We moved a bunch of BG's also, but most of the small ones didn't make it. The fish truck comes to town on Friday the 29th. I was going to buy 10 lbs. of FHM. But now I'm wondering if 5 lbs of FHM and 100 1" to 3" CNBG would be better. Those big bass need some food, not a bunch of minnows. This will not be part of my stocking program, just the buffet table if you will. We need adult CNBG to obtain any amount of success.

Will that amount hold them through winter if they have to stay there ? And they probably will. Does anybody have a better idea for these fish ?

Trying to keep it short, many questions to follow, and many thanks for any help.