Originally Posted by Boondoggle
I had a couple of posts recommending the use of a feeding ring before I got mine in. About a week or two after getting it in I did see some changes in how the fish related to the area we feed from. TH feeders have a great throw pattern and our pond is subject to wind which in turn blows the food whichever direction the wind happens to blow that day.

What we started to see after putting the feeding ring out there was that the fish seem to be holding in area during the day when we aren't feeding. If I am on site and throw some in by hand at the ring....they snatch it right up. I would never have guessed that a 3/4" pvc tube head in place by a couple of bricks on a string would have made such an impact.

Next step for us will be to feed mid-day for sec or two to see if we can get them to take it on a regular basis.

For us, absolutely worth the 30mins to make the ring and set it as we are feeding only floating food at this point. Sinking food probably wouldn't have the same drift problem we experience. Wife even complimented me on the "good idea" which I responded with 100% cudos to the guys on the forum.

Good to hear you didn't have much loss on the fish. Sounds like you are well on your way to being ready for the LMB and HSB that you wanted to put in.

Interesting! I will give it a try, as you said its easy to make...