DD1,

One plan is to keep inviting family friends with children out to fish your pond. A big cat, LMB, or HSB fought on the line of a kid for many minutes can be a memory that lasts a lifetime!

Another option would be to pump it down a little lower (when you have some rains in the forecast?) and have some guys seine out many/most of the big fish and leave some smaller chunky LMB and all of your BG.

I don't know how efficient a good seine crew is at clearing out undesired large fish. Might be 50%, might by 95%? I bet we have some experts on the forum that might know.

Those big fish are very valuable! Do you have any neighbors that are active pond managers that would arrange to seine for you and re-home those big fish into their ponds? Are there any Pond Boss guys near you that could do the seine job and have the capability to transport the fish even farther distances? Even if there were mortalities and some fish failed to survive in their new ponds, it still might be worth it for the big fish that do make it.

If you get really serious about this idea, maybe start a new thread and get some expert advice.

Good luck on getting your main pond back into tip top shape. I know you love it despite the headaches and heartaches! grin