This is "my" project pond. We have many more on other properties that we regularly catch 5 pound plus large mouth bass and a couple that have (what must be) hundreds of stunted hybrid bluegill perch we use for bait. The same day I took the 3K fathead minnows to the project pond we put 300 pound each in three other ponds to help control the Chara (not the ponds with the stunted BG). Last year we added 20 blue cats to a pond that was over-run with stunted blue gills. We have semi-professional catfish fishermen come to collect bait that we give away for free. We have lots of fishing available on my Father's properties. What we dont have is a dedicated white crappie pond and a dedicated sunfish pond.

I am currently working on a white crappie pond on another portion of the ranch. Unfortunately I cannot drain this pond because it's primary purpose is watering livestock. I just want a little portion that I can say I did for my Dad and he can be with me always even after the inevitable And yes, his time is nigh, so I am wanting to do my best to produce the best to enjoy the best till that time. .

And we use Hennecke Fish Farms, Hallettsville, Tx.