Originally Posted by SENKOSAM
Originally Posted by catscratch
I'd like to see that process. Any chance you would make a video of making your plastics for us to see?

The hybrid method was explained, but I'm not sure if you need a video of how to make the spoonminnow. Anyway:
1. you need plastisol (one qt. will make 1,000 lures)
2. pyrex cup
3. microwave to get the plastic hot - around 200 degrees or liquid enough to pour
4. if you don't have dye colors, Spike It liquid or pens will add color to clear plastic
5. shiny floor tile or other glass surface

1.Heat the plastic (old lures won't cuto it).
2.Tip the glassy surface at a small angle so the pour leaves a thin film
3.Use a blade to cut any shape you want
4.Hold the shape by the tail and dip the part that will be the body and let cool a few seconds.Repeat as many times needed until the body thickness is what you want..
5. dip the lure in Spike-It or other soft plastic lure dye; use the pen to create patterns

Now you have the most fish-catching lure ever made - bar none!!!!! All fish species will strike it and hard! Straight thin-tails have an incredible subtle action that drives fish nuts!

As you can see, with just a little imagination the process can be used to make other shapes that can be added to the bodies of lures you own using the candle to join them.
Interesting! Thanks for the description. I might or might not fully understand the process, but I think I've got it!