Thanks for all this great info, Bill. Much appreciated. It's all part of my learning process. I guess the overall message to me, is that I don't need to get everything perfect right away, that it might take a few years for me to get everything the way I want it. And, I can always make adjustments if things don't work out.

As far as the specific advice:

1) sounds great....SBS for sure seem like a great option.

2) The person I spoke with is definitely an aquatic biologist, says I can omit/add any fish they sell to an order, happy to adjust. I think they suggest LMB because pretty much everybody uses that paradigm of LMB / BG etc. Seems most people want to develop lunker LMB, so they cater to that. But your point is well taken that a profit motive is involved- I wouldn't blame them for that, of course. I just need to be aware of it.

3) makes perfect sense. However, the idea of the fish reproducing is really fascinating to me, something I'd love to see. But as you explain, there are drawbacks for sure.

4) want a swimming pond, so no BG. YP sound like great option, however not legal in Tennessee for stocking. If you have suggestions for acquiring them, that would be great.

5) I would LOVE to see your revised order suggestions!

6) I am in Middle Tennessee, not Ohio. About an hour east of Nashville.

Thanks again for taking the time for such a detailed message.

Last edited by BJ Nick; 02/20/24 01:08 PM. Reason: clarity