Also thinking about this stuff and appreciate the financial expertise/experience.

Bottom line is that I paid $43,560 for the 133 acres, 40 or so years ago, that realtors tell me is worth 8 to 10 k per acre. Somewhere around a million bucks. Improvements are dozer to cut a 1 mile road from the front to the back, a water well, the pond, and a 2 bedroom poor white trash trailer house. Rocky and hilly so is considered recreational property which really means junk land.

Add a shipping container, construction office trailer, one stock pen and tractor shades that I built.

John Deere and 8N Ford tractors, various farm implements, 3 trailer’s, and 2 Honda 4wheelers.

Nothing depreciated and I expect a significant financial hickey.

Since this has been over a 40 year span, I wouldn’t have a clue where the receipts are. Some of them were “lost” in a divorce.

All in my name since I’m on my second (and damn sure last) wife.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 11/17/23 08:34 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP