Bobbss, the blue dye might work. What I read is that green or yellow dye is best for cloudy water. If you could score that color it may be better than blue. I don’t have personal experience though with murkier water. Both red and blue were easily detectible in our pond….but being clear, any color would likely work for me.

I found this dye online that I would try…or something similar. https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/...RbHoDGy4fUobs2A5EKKlgf1JShBoC0XgQAvD_BwE

Cameras are certainly handy. I don’t want to spend your money for you. And I certainly understand with the house expenses. Prioritize the house for sure. I ice fish and enjoy the camera for that as well. It’s entertainment and functional for our pond leak diagnosis. It’s paid for itself already.”

It makes sense that your leak is less with a lower water level and less hydrostatic pressure. It has been a tough drought year for most of the country. If you could get the water higher…say 15-16, I would feel better about trying a dye experiment with more water pressure. 1 1/4” isn’t awful…and 6 years in it doesn’t appear to be getting worse. But I totally understand the frustration of not seeing the pond full.

I’ll be interested to hear your progress. At this point of the year maybe next spring would be a better time to try hoping we have a wetter winter. Gotta protect the valuables with a solid vault!