Thanks again NNAFish! Your pond is definitely clearer than mine.
I've tried some dye a long time ago on the surface and got no where. Do you think blue pond dye in balloons would work? It is easy to get. Or would it be so strong that it would turn the water to blue to see?
My pond is about 6 years old and still hasn't been completely full. I think it will be about a half acre, maybe a little more if I'm lucky, and about 19' deep. The fullest it has been is about 17 feet. Which it did the last 3 years in late winter,early spring. I thought it would get higher this year since it was higher at the first of the year, but it has been a bad year for rain for me. In a drought now,and the pond is the lowest it has been in 3 years or more, probably around 11'-12' deep right now. The lower it gets the less it loses per day, so it might not be losing enough to pull the dye very well right now. The last time it was at 17', it was probably losing about 1 1/4" per day.
I've been looking at the cameras on line and so far I haven't seen one less than your camera, that didn't get some complaints.
If I hadn't just started building a new house, I would just go for it but everything is costing way more than I hoped, especially my vault door. Lol!

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss