We can hunt hogs with neither limits or seasons. And Texas is butt deep in them. We consider them vermin. I can no longer plant winter wheat patches for deer and small game. Pigs root them up like a breaking plow went through. I re bait my pig trap about every 60 days. I’ve eliminated plenty but they have a lot of babies. They are also loaded with ticks. Grandson, (21 yoa, 6’4”) and his buddy caught a bunch and butchered them. A couple of days later my grandson started running a high fever. He was hospitalized and we almost lost him. Docs couldn’t figure out a specific diagnosis but figure it must have been a tick bite from butchering the pigs.

I don’t allow grandsons to shoot coyotes. Why?

A couple of years ago I was deer hunting near a corn feeder. A bunch of pigs showed up but I didn’t shoot. I can hunt them 365 days and I don’t like to fire a shot unless the right wall hanger buck shows up. Suddenly, a coyote blew by, grabbed a piglet, and kept on going. The pigs erupted and lit out. At that time, I decided that the yotes were on my side. I know they will take fawns but I have a whole lot more pigs than deer for them to feed on.

Grandson deer hunted yesterday. He saw 8 pigs, 1 coyote and a buck that wasn’t mature. Seems about right; 8 to 1 ratio of corn thieves.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP