Mixed emotions. I’ve gone from 30 to 80 in a heckuva hurry. Hasn’t been long since I was hauling around 2 feed bags; one on each shoulder. If anything hurt, it was because of my life long indiscretions due to poor judgement. Or maybe beer.

Then, about 2 or 3 years ago, I spent 25 days, flat on my back, in ICU due to a busted colon. Got home with no muscle tone and had to take it easy for 8 more LONG weeks. 2 days after I got home I had no memory of being in the hospital. Still don’t. Family told me that it wasn’t something that I would want to remember. When the Doc said that I was healed up, I started exercising, walking and then jogging, and lifting weights. Got it all back. And then arthritis set in. Hit me in the legs and back. I have to be careful and extra strength Tylenols is twice per day. I’m still walking a mile per day (most days).

My memory capability has taken a hit due to the hospitalization. Mostly short term. I have developed big time CRS. I now walk into my shop to do something or get a tool and have no idea why I went there. I ask my wife the same question several times per day. But, friends younger than me say they have the same problem. But, I can still do multiplication and division, to 2 decimal points, in my head.

Lucky to be here. Now, if I could just remember the steps to the rain dance.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP