anthropic,

So sorry to hear you are contemplating selling your beautiful property.

I have observed the mossyoak site over the years and think they do an excellent job on "trophy properties".

However, I have been watching these types of sites for over 25 years, and have a NON-EXPERT opinion.

The "national" type sellers list a certain type of trophy property at premium prices. Based on their closings, they do achieve these premium prices in many instances. However, they usually do this on properties that are likely to have wealthy out-of-state buyers.

In Kansas, the example is premier deer hunting properties with zero agricultural income (or sometimes a portion with CRP income). The only value (other than for recreational usage) is the future price appreciation of the property. However, I have seen these properties sell to wealthy individuals that come down a few times of year from New England or the upper Midwest for their hunting camps. The prices may be 2-3x the price of adjacent "scruffier" property that would require more work to bring it up to a similar standard. This is certainly good news for property sellers.

My question would be if the national realtor companies require you to sign an exclusive marketing agreement with them?

I think anthropic's property may be more likely purchased by a semi-wealthy (it is a nice property!) semi-local buyer. I would think having an excellent local realtor might be more likely to make that happen.

I am sure there are many, many people on Pond Boss that know more about this topic than I do. I come here to learn stuff. I appreciate people pointing out all of the places that I am wrong - especially if it helps anthropic!