The surface temp obviously is simple, I still haven't figured out just how to get sub surface temps, I know there is a tool out there to do that, I just haven't put any effort into finding or obtaining one,, I will do that tho. My pond is good and deep tho, probably 5 plus acres, that are 25' plus deep. What I can do is open the bottom drain and let it run for a while and check the temperature there.

As for WE in this area, we stocked a dozen WE in a local strip pit lake back in the day, just for the fun of it and they were free, an acquaintance had access to a fish hatchery farm that was going out of business and these were leftover. anyhow, never did catch any again till 6 to 8 yrs later I was LMB fishing in that lake and latched on to what I assumed was a 6 plus pound bass, I fought it for a while and got it up to the boat and it was about a 24 26" WE, obviously it cut my line and got away but that was our first indication that they were still in there. Otters had cleaned the pond out pretty much before that so I was surprised to catch anything with any size in there.

Thanks!

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.