Dug a new 2 Acre pond last year, April/May 2022 . average depth, 10', deepest area 35' at full pool, full pool is 5' below spillway.
I was asked by spectators "how long to fill it ? " . " 2-5 years , up to God " . Was my reply . June 3rd 2022 , upper pond , 1.7 Acres , rose 7' in one night , plus 1 ft higher than it's spillway ! New pond came up to full pool , and stocked with BG/ GSF for certain . June 5th , Yep, Our Lord decided to show his generosity, another huge Western Oklahoma tstorm, water went over new pond spillway, 8" deep through 3 24 " pipes ! Appeared to be end of that drought , but no, things got bad dry right after those 2 rains . Spotty showers from those rains to last April, then dry , started pumping 3 Wells into upper pond, and pumping from 2 3/4 hp submersible irrigation pumps in upper pond to keep from losing acres of new bermuda around our new RV park , looking bad . Then 2nd week of June , someone or ones on our forum found the correct dance step ,offered the correct prayer , faced towards western Oklahoma and the Lord opened the clouds !!! Maybe, ?? 5 ?? days in last 30 days water hasn't gone over our spillways , irrigation turned off. Got some happy water. PLEASE !!! , whoever , was rain dancing end of May, 1st of June 2023 , please, write down dance step used, direction faced, and most importantly, the Prayer Chanted !!! Thank You . ( I'll be putting call out again for Dance & Chant for W. Ok, Texas Panhandle , in future, I'm sure )

H2O , praying for your big Tstorm , in NW Ohio so you can shut off your electricity sucking water well .

Wish I had found this Forum years ago, I'd have better Fish, better ponds, for less money out, Thank you, everyone. Not only for all the technical info , all the practical experience shared, and especially the humor . I've read now , Aeration, Fly fishing , other species to stock, etc,etc , threads back to 2005 , 18 years of your lives . Seen and read nothing , but caring at the least , Love at the most.
For true Love is to want what is best for another , especially a Brother or Sister you don't even know or met in person.

Thank you again,

Fishing Adventures

'

I Subscribe !