Originally Posted by Freg
I was about to start a similar thread. Just got my new aerator set up and I'm running 600 ft of air hose to my pond. Currently just sitting on top of the ground but planning on burying it soon. I've run regular 3/8 in 300 psi air hose I bought off amazon. I'm wondering about burying it. Do most people run it inside of conduit or PEX for protection? Also thought about just pouring sand inside of the trench to protect from from roots and rocks before back filling it.

I'm sorry to say this, but a customer had 3/8" line run to his diffusers from his compressor. He fought freezing air line in the winter, and a very little air flow out of the diffusers. After the 2nd time he had to dig up sections to find where the leak was, he gave up and had us run 1" to the pond. The psi dropped considerably, air flow increased, and he didn't have any more issues of the line freezing during the winter. One pond was 600' away, the other was 900'.

My advice is to ditch the 3/8" line now before you put any more $$ into it and go with a bigger diameter line. We used low pressure black poly line.

I just saw online where 660' was around $450. Look at the drip irrigation sites. You are never going to see more than 20 psi in the system.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).