Hello,

Thank you to all who have replied. A few answers / comments.

1) Only field runoff as a water source. I've only owned the place two years but in year 1, it overflowed twice 6 weeks apart and in year 2 it overflowed once.

2) I'm not sure it is void of fish but I've spent quite a bit of time observing the pond and probably 6-8 attempts with worms. Never a taker. The pond was dry and reworked in 2012. The previous owner ( 2015 -2020 ) did not stock it or want fish in it. He claimed it was sans fish.

3) Yes, it's lousy with crawdads. They cruise around like they own the place. No fear of water based predators.

4) I can't explain why I don't see the fatheads. I did see lot's of them this spring.... 1 year after stocking. Plus, I saw them spawning on leaves and misc surface clutter this spring. I did not provide them with great spawning habitat but will be working on my habitat this winter.

5) I should say the goal of the fishery is to amuse my Grandsons. Currently 34 & 18 months of age. Time to get going.

6) I did put in 250 BG and another 5lbs of FHM today. I'll look for a chance to catch some adult BG.

Finally, I recognize this is not an ideal pond but if I can do OK with it for a while and have some fun with the Kidos, may invest in an upgrade. I think it's too early to go all in with the expense as I have many other projects to bring this run down place up to speed.