Rad,

I am not sure what a Transverse Barb is. There is a fish that is white and has a black spot on his side that is often called a Jungle Perch that is aggressive, is this the fish? The described fish is in my lake and they're a lot of fun when I catch them schooling either with lures or minnows. Let me know the description and will let ya know if I have had any experience with them.

The fish that I have stocked though for sportsfishing is the Peacock Bass, and they are doing great in my lake. You often can find them in the aquarium shops around Thailand. I first located them in Udon Thani but paid a premium, I found them in the Weekend Market in Bangkok...have you ever been there? When you go through Krung Thep it is well worth the visit, fish species from just about all over planet earth, with the exception of the US largemouth bass (which I still plan to stock someday).

I have a big problem in my lake also with the clay turbidity, we are at opposite ends of the country but I notice it in most all ponds as I travel across the country. I have done some research on it but it would take such huge amounts of gypsum to correct it, plus it is my understanding it is a one shot cure, that I have pretty much resigned myself to accept it. What I do now when lure fishing is throw predominently lures with rattles so the gamefish can find them.

I have never fished with vegetables yet, sounds like your doing well with them! I am currently in Afghanistan working for a few months, but will be trying that when I get back. Do you often feed cabbage to the fish? I notice Pacu will eat about anything.

Don