Last Saturday we had a local Cub Scout Pack out for the day. There were 11 boys aged 7 to 10 and 12 adult advisors & patents. They had a ball in 3 boats and the paddle boat catching BG and Bass and roasting their own hot dogs and marshmallows.
As I sat back in the shade with an adult beverage just watching and being amazed at all their energy there was one young lad about 8 years old who has Cerabal Palsey (sp?)who was confined to a $30,000 motorized wheelchair.
I have one dock that is 4' wide and 57' long with a 8' by 8' platform at the end and is sturdy as a rock. (I've been know to drive out to the end on one of my Honda Rubicons on occasion).
Anyway, with an adult on each side of him he was able to motor out to the end of the dock and the adults assisted him in putting a worm on his hook and throw his line out a few feet. I was talking to his Mother and she said it was the first time he had ever been in an "Outdoor enviroment" and with a little assistance he caught several BG. His excitement and expression on his face with squeals of joy caused me to have to go off for a short walk in the woods.
One of the pictures we took was of him showing off one of the fish he caught and we printed out a 8 X 10 copy and are sending it to him.

I hope he got half as much enjoyment out of it as I did just watching him.

Dan

Mistakes are proof that you are trying.

Dan