Theo, I can't answer your question. One of the many theories I've heard is that the weight of the buildings caused the land to sink. The Corps of Engineers could probably provide commentary on the most likely scenario. Maybe Big Pond will offer to call the ACOE office in New Orleans to try to get that information.

Jersey, sounds reasonable to me!

Bob, as you know, a fear of God's reprisal has historically kept people in line, and even without that fear hanging over their heads, most people develop a sense of acceptable behavior. Others are only a few generations past using cow crap as a hair dressing.

Dave, perhaps our wise leaders will decide that New Orleans would function best as a port only. Or better, allow it to remain a pond. Wouldn't have to be concerned about adding structure.

Sunil, I don't know of any source for that information, but maybe Big Pond could ask that question when he calls the ACOE office.

Big Pond, the ACOE always makes every attempt to be accommodating. Maybe you should try the "Be Nice" approach. javascript:void(0)
Smile