Well, I have learned a lot from all of the great PB Forum Members, and many hours of research, and some great conversations with a few different Fisheries Biologist, and Bob Lusk's Facebook Live Sessions. Here's my Update. I originally wanted too many fish all at once and now have moved away from that idea and am stocking less Fish Numbers and trying to stock the species spread out over time in somewhat of a planned manner. I also have decided against Largemouth Bass. I know some of my ideas are OUT THERE but that is the way want to go. Pond Goal is: A Diverse Fishery.

Pond Stats as of today with rough stocking season.

Pond Dig completed Summer 2020 2.5 acres Deep Water 2.5 acres shallow wetland less than 5 ft.
Filled by Run-off and Spring Water. Finished out this droughty winter only down 2 ft.
Max Depth 19 ft.

Fall 2020
3 lbs Fatheads and 2 lbs Golden Shiners

Spring 2021
40lbs Baitfish Mix of Fatheads, Bluntnose, and few Red Shiners
20 Creek Chubs
70 Longear Sunfish of Mixed sizes
800 Bluegills (300 Adults 500 3inch)
600 Redear Sunfish (300 Adults 300 3inch)

Fall 2021
85 Walleye 12-15 inchers
500 Gambusia

Spring 2022
30 Yellow Perch (300 more coming in a week or two).
1 Small Northern Pike named Frank.
I am going to refresh the Baitfish Population also. 20 lbs Planned

Planned Fall Stocking 2022
50-75 Smallmouth Bass
25 Walleyes
25 Wipers (might hold off on these another year)

Species Caught to Date:
Every specie that was stocked has been caught except the Yellow Perch and Frank the Northern Pike. I also have removed 1 Largemouth Bass, 3 Bullheads, and few hundred green sunfish that must have come from upstream. Every fish has been fat and healthy and showing good signs of growth. 8-9 inch BG and RES.
Bite has went from awesome to poor with these east winds and cold fronts.
Average Sizes Caught in spring of 2022
BG- 5-9 inch
RES- 5-9 inch
LES- 4-5 inch
GSH- 5-6 inch
WE- 14 inch
Creek Chubs- 6-9 inch
GSF- 3-7 inch
BH- 3-5 inch

Other: Lots of Ducks using the pond on their northern migration this spring. Fought off 6 cormorants. Have a nesting pair of Canada Geese. All sorts of shorebirds visiting. Bullfrog Tadpoles are everywhere.

Concerns/Road Bumps (looking down the road): Green Sunfish (they are in every pond around here), Filamentous Algae, and Possible Bluegill Population Explosion with small population of large predators at the moment. I guess we will see with BG.

Upcoming Work:
Still laying Rip-rap on dam. Dock project should start this Summer (lumber prices are through the roof). I want a Texas Hunter Fish Feeder.

Anyhow hope you all are well out there in Pond Boss Land.

Steve

5 Acre Pond- Ave Depth 7 ft- Max Depth 18 Ft.