Jersey quoted:

I still want to hear from ONE person who has built a pond on a stream, and applied for and received approval on a 404 permit. Just one.

Jersy I did get a 404 permit from the core of engineers, the only problem was that I built it on an intermeadite stream....meaning if we have NO rain for a period of time then...the streamwill STOP flowing...it took me a month to get this....But the draw back is after a year of GOOD raining my 9 1/2 acre pond is still 4 to 5 feet from the top, about 25 feet of water as of now....don't get me wrong the pond is 7 acres now...but it is supposed to be 9.5 acre full.

Now, I knew ALL about your troubles because I have looked at soo many tracts of land for years and the FIRST thing that comes to mind is getting a CORE permit...how would I do it..what would I have to do...ect....I truely know your pain .....The next Lake I build I KNOW for sure I will have to get a farm exemption of some sort...Unless the LORD has mercy on me and smiles on me again like he did before...