Kent, your comment is right on the money. Jersey's problems have been discussed ad nauseum. So many solutions have been presented and so many methods of blowing straight through that ACoE obstacle have been offered. If it's going to be a future problem for anyone, then those affected should learn how to deal with it.

The most specific story, as I recall, was Kopecky's about getting in contact with Daschle's (sp?) office. He didn't get his exact desired result, but he got to move ahead with his project.

After re-reading my first reply, I thought maybe I was just bashing Jersey after a hard week at work. But then I re-read his post, and I again got disgusted at the tone or suggestion that his situation was any of ours or Pond Boss's fault.

As pond owners, we are keepers of wetlands. It does not matter that we keep these wetlands for ours and our family/friends use. We also foster the wildlife around it. AND...we do it at our own expense.

And finally, the accusatory tone of the topic, "ACoE permit not mentioned in pond building article." I mean WTF?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."