Thanks for all the replies. I'm going through them now. My goals are really something for our kids to enjoy. They're young, and I wanted to get them interested in fishing. I'm new to ponds but trying to learn. My wife isn't a fan of catfish (haha), so trying to find an alternative. I messaged several fish farms in our area (north of College Station, TX) but got minimal help or recommendations. I think our ponds are too small for them to make big money. I understand... I don't mind doing research and working to figure it out. Here's a picture of the pond as of today. We had a good downpour a week ago, and it filled up fast. I realized we had set the culvert to low, so it's not all the way full, yet. I decided to pull the culvert the other day with my tractor after realizing a leak formed under it when we moved it up. We had a shower and so I took the opportunity to regrade the dam and pack it down solid. I decided to use a spillway instead of a culvert since the area drains off in the back into another dry creek which drains eventually into the Brazos River. I haven't had a chance to add the solar aeration but hopefully can get to it this weekend. I realize this is a process and not immediate but was hoping I could get something going in there. Strangely we already have what seems to be Bluegill despite not stocking it. Guessing birds brought in eggs? Also, we have a large abundance of bullfrogs and other species swimming around, as well.

My first attempt at a pond so go easy on me haha! It's kind of a one man operation... lol

Attached Images
PXL_20220331_232125329.jpg PXL_20220331_230533556.jpg