That may cause some issues when seining unless you have a blocking net or somehow figure out how to coax your bait fish out of the cover of the structured portion of the pond. Or maybe you are just figuring on draining down past the structure level so the fish have to move.

On a completely different subject, but a lesson to be learned, the reason those concrete blocks were in there to begin with was to sink some floating plactic tubing going to the aereation system. Dumb mistake. I used sinking tubing out to the last portion of run. But being cheap, and having LOTS of feet of tubing to the air 5 total air membranes in the three associated ponds, I decided to go cheap and use black plastic tubing for all but about the last 20-30 feet. The idea was the sinking tubing would allow me to pull the diffusers up with a boat to service them (it does work) and the black plastic 3/4" water tubing would save on the cost. I used concrete blocks every few feet to sink the tubing.

So far I have not hooked it yet with a fishing hook but I think it is only a matter of time............the line floats up a few inches off the bottom between the blocks.

But in the forage pond when I pulled the diffuser out and pumped the pond down for seining the blocks were left behind. And we found them with the seine.

Long story but maybe others can learn from my mistakes. Spend the money all the way out on sinking tubing. Lot easier to deal with (it was not particularly fun with snorkel gear putting concrete blocks on top of an air line), move around if a person decides to change layout (I have on one line), and generally not worth the additional savings in cost, in my humble opinion.

Last edited by snrub; 03/21/22 09:58 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine