I'm going to add my 2 cents as well..
I can say with confidence, whoever told you smb will not do well or reproduce in a pond, doesn't know enough to be selling fish, period.
Personally, I would have made some calls and ask questions about a species I know nothing about, and would have advised the customer what I learned and where he could obtain them if they are a fit. Not everyone thinks the same way though.
As mentioned above, there are many ways to manage smb in a pond with certain species of other types, but for every other type of species added there is less room for the others. There will be competition, minor, major or somewhere in between.
In my personal pond I stocked smb 4yrs ago and I have 4 yr classes of fish. I have YP, a few BG and RES.
BG are not recommended as smb cannot control their potential reproduction....alone.
I keep a few small walleye in the mix and a few wipers (HSB) to help work on those sunfish, Yeah, they may get some smb too, but numbers seem good, fish are healthy.
It's good you're here because I think there is more experience here when it comes right down to it, than anyone selling fish as their mainstay, for several reasons.
Do your homework on all of this, to include what fish you buy and where.
If I were to add anything to your plan I would suggest you not add anymore FHM or GSH. You can have so much reproduction they can eliminate a bloom and literally become lean, causing a slowdown in reproduction, which will require some predation to get just that part back in balance. Save your money and put it in the direction of other intended species.
To add a second item.. be patient, don't try to make it an instant fishery.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/19/24 11:11 AM. Reason: bold for emphasis