Hello all,
new member here. I have pond about 1 acre in size. I was built in about 1993 from what I was told by the previous owner. It is shallow at this point after years of neglect and filling in with silt. But has potential to be about 6-8 feet deep if it would stay full. It does fill up with heavy rains and it seems to hold water some years better than others. I'm not currently planning to rebuild it or do major work on it but would like to keep it somewhat full for the deer and wildlife that use it. It does have bass, bluegill and a few catfish. The overflow pond below it is usually pretty full and always muddy in color but I see no visual water running into it. The PVC overflow pipe appears to be loose as I can paddle out to it in a john boat and twist it. Should it be tight? If so, is there a way to seal the joint at the elbow that's under water? Someone suggested Flex Seal but I have no idea if that would work and what type to use. Any suggestions for a rookie pond owner/maintainer would be appreciated.
Thanks and take care, Dave