Good points Bill. I would add Optimal Fish Food to the list of feeds, and he can go to their website and order food to be delivered to him instead of driving to get it.

When he goes to feed the minnows to the bass, I think he should carry a fishing rod and wave it/hold it like he is fishing with it when he's feeding the minnows. That way the Bass won't get shy when he does go to catch them - no added pole to the picture.

I have a platform at the edge of the pond that has the Texas Hunter fish feeder on it. If the water in the pond is relatively high, I used to be able to use a fishing rod and hold a bluegill near the surface of the water on the end of a #10 hook when the bass were cruising in the floating fish food looking for small fish to pick off. Over the course of 1 summer I had them trained so they'd actually jump out of the water to get the BG that I was lowering to the water for them to eat.

Cody Note: Good informative helpful ideas.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/11/22 07:51 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).