Thank you for the well thought out responses.

Yes we plan on eating the channel cats once they get some size to them, when/if we stop catching them I will put another small group in. I REALLY like eating lightly breaded clean chunked up catfish cooked in peanut oil!

Even with the water being deep I don't think the small mouth will be sustainable...we will be trying to ad some local crayfish to the pond and that might help some. The large mouth will more than likely be the top bass in the pond. But it would still be nice to catch a smallie now and then for fun.

We love eating big perch! I hope they thrive good in the pond.

I don't think the walleye or pike will be able to ever breed in the pond, when they get good sized we will eat what we catch and replace with small ones again. My reason for them is to help keep the small stuff under control, they are fun to catch and good eating.

I have thought about the hybrid striped bass and think they could sure be a nice ad in small numbers.

Tilapia do fine in my area in the warm months then die off once water gets cold...I sure have no objections to adding them in summer.

My boys love ice fishing so eventually we will be taking fish out in winter too. The goal is to have a nice variety with plenty of forage fish to help sustain the food chain.

Last edited by H20fwler; 02/07/22 10:09 PM.