Provide a little more information please.
1. How much wind does the pond get for natural mixing by wind action?

2. What do you think is the max, min and average water clarity? I assume you do not have any Secchi disk or actual clarity measurements?

3. Have you considered trenching - pushing air to the pond instead of trenching in electricity. Electric wire cost to the pond will be MORE EXPENSIVE than using black plastic water line trenched to the pond. One option would be to put both pipe and electric in the trench when trench is open. I like sending plastic pipe to the pond instead of electric because you can put the compressor in a shed or building at the power source instead of having the pump in an extra cost housing unit at the pond. the compressor stored in a building is IMO much better that in a small ventilated extra expense housing at the pond.

4. I am nosey,,,,,, what is the price range of the pro estimates for having it installed as you have described? You can do this yourself and save about 1/2 the cost.

5. Aeration is often promoted as reducing filamentous algae (FA) growth. Fallacy. My experience is many ponds with bottom aeration that I deal with have FA problems. Bottom aeration is more likely to influence phytoplankton algae and not so much FA growth.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/02/22 03:26 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management