IME there seem to be different kinds/levels of CRP enrollment, which seem to vary (at least) from state-to-state.

We have all our grass acres in CRP, which didn't take any special efforts planting-wise. We just left what was already growing there (orchard grass, brome grass, timothy, assorted legumes, and various weeds in larger concentrations than I would prefer). There are some restrictions, like "don't mow it all at the same time", which don't really affect our use of the acreage for hayfields and/or pastures (in our 60's, with day jobs, we're doing well to get about 1/6 of what we bale done in a week - weather permitting).

I know from watching farmtubers on Youtube that completely different requirements/restrictions exist elsewhere. So hopefully someone from Mizzoo can chime in; otherwise you may have to find out by going through the application process (which may not be successful the first time - they only have so much budget wrt money/acreage to enroll each year).

Good luck - reducing silt input by converting row crops to grasses is a good idea IMHO.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]