Hey FishinRod. Let me try explaining again, as it’s a bit of a different design from anything else I’ve been able to find online.

There is a 500’ foot stream that goes from one end of the pond to the other. Across the stream is a 7’ high 40’ wide concrete wall. This concrete wall separates the two sides of the stream, such that any water pumped from one side of the wall to the other side needs to flow through the stream, into the pond, and back around to the start of the stream.

5 feet below the water there is a 4” pipe that goes horizontally through the concrete wall. This horizontal pipe then connects to a 90 degree elbow pointing towards the surface, which then goes into a 4 foot straight section of pipe that runs vertically, which then goes into a 90 degree bend right near the surface pointing away from wall.

By piping air into the bottom of the pipe it lifts the water, causing water to get pulled from one side of the wall to the other, where the only way to balance the pressure is to flow through the stream, into the pond, and back around.

Everything I’ve read suggests that using air will be the most energy efficient way to move high volumes of water at low head. It will also aerate the water (at least a bit), and should be easier to maintain (just an air filter to keep clean, and only one moving part in the blower).

Does that make more sense? What do you think of this approach?