You bring up a good point Fishinrod,, almost nowhere in these states would you be allowed to intentionally or accidentally let muck float on down any stream, somewhere down stream they would find an endangered species with a little sediment on him and guess who would pick up that tab? it wouldnt be a cheap one.
As others mentioned too, dipping into a pond full of water, even with a 336 hoe, getting a 3 yd bucket full of slop is not going to happen, you can get a lot of it out but never get it cleaned up, after the bucket gets full and you bring it on out to the edge or up to the surface the water will wash a huge portion of it out.
Any way you slice it, cleaning sludge out of a pond is an expensive endeavor, usually more so then building the pond from scratch, Ive done both for quite a few yrs. that being said, $50 a yard seems way up there in price, for that money you can drain the pond, have it cleaned out properly, let it fill back up and stock it with fish and still have a lot of money left over.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.