Bobbss,

Minnows are good for your plans. They will certainly do no harm. Do you have weeds? Check out the photos below:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These photos were taken today in a local pond. This pond has CC, GSF, BG, and natural HBG. The BG especially are overpopulated. Unbelievable quantity of BG in the 4" to 5.5" range. The largest of the HBG we catch are around 7". The minnow are important for them particularly I think. HBG stomachs look full and distended when we catch them. There are way too many panfish in this pond. Every year I wonder if it will be last I see of the minnows. I'll see only a few in late April and somehow like a phoenix rising .. this ... unbelievable numbers. The panfish are not ignoring these minnows. All the time there are sprays of minnows trying to escape predators. I see them off the dam near the surface in 10 feet of water ... as far as I can tell they are everywhere ... as far as I can see from the shore. The pictures only clearly show the big minnows. Hidden from view are many times that number of smaller ones that did not resolve in the photographs. Also unseen are the ones too deep to observe. They come up from the depths, however, when a bait hits the water above them. They truly love hotdogs ... LOL.

Last edited by jpsdad; 08/25/21 09:31 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers