Ewest:

I have considered aeration, but have not done so. The pond is about ¼ mile from my electricity. Considered windmill, but don’t foresee problems when wind is blowing as it catches enough now to create waves (which I presume oxygenate water some?). I posted a question about Solar Bee systems last year, but remember receiving any responses pro or con. I need to check into aeration more.

I do have a couple places I could probably move some BG/RES to. That may be a good idea. Any other suggestions?

All fish were small (2"?) when stocked. I didn’t see any signs of bluegill spawn (nests, etc.) in 05.

I have a plethora of yellow bullheads. Maybe the bass will chomp on them / their young instead of bluegill?

I haven’t tried fishing yet. How large do you think the BG, RES, LMB, CC should be by now?

Alligator:

Plans? What plans? I wouldn’t be doing this now if I actually planned in advance! ;-)

Update:

Yesterday, we added two joints of pipe and started the siphon on the first try again. This should pull out about 10 more feet of water. That may be where we stop. Since I now don’t anticipate using the 14” pipe for siphon, we added those on the end of the 8” pipe to get the water to the ditch without causing problems. I should have done that to start with. It has been raining most of the day today.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]