Originally Posted by Smalllunker
Hi,

I live in southern Indiana. I have a 1.65 acre pond. It has steep slopes the depth down the middle from one end of the pond to the other is 24 feet. It is half full. No fish. I love fishing. I want to be able to get a good system together. I would love yellow perch, smallmouth, redear, catfish, and because of the depth put and take rainbow. I don’t even know if this is all possible or feasible. I will regularly take out the channel cats. Basically I don’t want fish I can go catch on every other pond in a 2 mile area. I want to know where to start how to stock etc. I know it’s a tall order but I have read a lot on this forum and others. Hopefully someone can get me going on when to add forage fish etc and if this combination would even work. Thank you in advance.

Hello Smalllunker. You might be better off making your own thread to discuss the questions you have asked. This thread is from 11 years ago. You have some interesting goals in mind and I'm curious to see how it all pans out. Sounds exciting.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller