UPDATE:

Life is crazy. Over this Memorial Day weekend I just happened to go to a lake nearby to fish, since my pond is sub par now. Before I left for the day, I went looking at the dam there and lo and behold they had about a 40 foot long concrete weir dam holding back the 225 acre lake. The freeboard of this dam was only 18" wide on top. But behind the dam face was a large amount of concrete instead of buttresses. I also don't know how deep the dam went but it was at least 10 feet thick at the bottom that tapered up to the 18" freeboard and it was about 10 foot high that I could visibly see. So as I was looking at all of that, a guy who lived next to the dam came over and asked me what I was doing. So I told him my whole story. And surprisingly, he knew the company who built that dam. So I'll be contacting them today although I have a feeling they don't work on little ponds. Anyway, I can't believe I found a lake nearby that has exactly the solution I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out how much concrete I need in case that company doesn't do small jobs. In any event, I'm fairly certain that is not going to cost me $50,000 to build a concrete dam that's only 10 feet wide. This will probably take months to get done so I'll update once a month just in case it might help someone in the future.

Last edited by jpswede59; 06/01/21 08:19 AM.