If you would like to bounce things off me go right ahead. I'm a little hard-headed but not easily offended. So let's go back 10 months when I had the first fish kill. Due to heavy infestation of Southern Naid and in hot July when we hit 5 days of rainy cloudy weather along with some who said maybe too many fish in the pond. I lost all of my HSB and a lot of my largest LMB. And then the second fish kill when my pond froze over during the arctic blast we had this past winter. I lost almost all of my larger-sized CNBG. So now, where I am at now with the pond. Will after the last fish kill I came back and added 4,000 2 to 3" CNBG mostly to feed the remainder of the lmb and maybe get some survival of the cnbg, A month later I added another 4,000 3 to 5" CNBG. I also added 20 2.5 to 3.5-pound lmb. So now, what am I seeing at the pond? I went out in the boat and as quietly as I could I did a look-see and counted around 30 lmb of all sizes, from 6 inches to a few that were as long as my arm the best I could guess. A few were on the nest. Some of the larger were stocked last fall. So lets say 10 to 12 lmb per acre. I also found some decent numbers of different sized cnbg but not what I would consider an overstocking of them Ok, now I have Overtons bringing 65 lbs of Tp along with 30 HSB (again 10 per acre) and 1500 3 to 5" cnbg along with 50 lbs of Fathead minnows. Those are to help take the pressure off the cnbg spawn fry and to feed the new lmb fry.
My goal if to make this place once again a great place to bring kids fishing.

Last edited by TGW1; 05/19/21 09:39 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy