LOL. I grew up there, but since moved to Indiana. My college roommate lives in Woodridge, he cannot seem to get vaccinated - still 65 and older there, but here they are opening it up to anyone 40 and over. Anyway.......

The problem with the duckweed is excess nutrients and no wave action from the wind. The fountain won't be much help unfortunately.

If you have water flowing through the pond, then the water coming into the pond has a high nutrient load if the water is flowing continually. If not you can treat the weeds with a contact herbicide and it will have dissipated before it leaves the pond.

For Duckweed, use Clipper herbicide (Alligare Flumigard is the generic equivalent). Be prepared to treat the pond multiple times because of the seeds on the bottom, that germinate when they see sunlight and warm water. I would treat the pond when there is the least water movement, that way the chemicals stay in the pond and have a time to work before they dissipate.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).