Esshup, we have not seriously fished the pond for the last five years. A few neighbors fished a few
times but threw everything back. For cover, I tried to follow Eric’s (Ewest’s) advice during the renovation (see his posts to me under Cover and Structure). The result is that I have tons of structure and cover now - much more than when we stocked. We probably could have used more cover at the time we stocked but there should have been enough to get things rolling. In addition, the moss has now taken over the rock piles and mounds that Eric had me add. Also, along the shoreline where the lime truck dumped lime, we’ve had an explosion of aquatic plants. That bank drops off pretty quickly to 20ft depth at that location and the bass we’ve caught have been along that steep bank.

I should mention that the bass are northern LMB which don’t get quite as big as Florida LMB. Even so, 12” is very small after 5 years. They should gain around a pound a year, I believe.

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
- Doug Larson