Flame, IIRC the TH has an allen head bolt holding the big spinner on. I had that happen several times when I had TH's, and it's just a process of elimination to figure out what it is. 90% of the time, it was a fully charged battery that couldn't handle the load, so I always started with a fresh new battery. Next, I'd unplug the top spinner so I could check the big blower motor without dumping more food in the hopper. Set the timer for a test throw, and watch the big motor and see if it's trying to spin but can't. If that's the case, then it's probably the battery. If it doesn't even try to spin, then it's probably the blower motor. You can always bench test it to see if it'll spin when it's removed from the feeder.

"If" you remove the motor, check the space between the blower housing, and the blower wheel itself. The tolerances are pretty tight, and fish food dust can accumulate in that space and cause the blower motor to work harder than it needs to, and cause the battery have to deal with a heavier load.

Here's a pic of the blower and housing. Short of removing the blower wheel, a thin bladed paint scraper will remove most of the crud. The fish food dust is the brown ring around the blower wheel, and it can accumulate behind the wheel itself.

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Last edited by FireIsHot; 06/10/20 07:14 PM. Reason: ADD

AL