I figured that I'd bump this old thread of mine with a little bit of a report with pics.

We ended up just going down the fishing route to remove the stunted bass. We have been letting the kids fish as much as they want and keep any of the LMB. In the first couple years, it was rare to catch a bass that wasn't a twin of the 13" 0.7 lb bass. They almost all were old and skinny. So we just kept keeping them and eating as many as the kids could catch. We aren't there all the time, so we concentrated on it as much as we could.

Here is a typical weekend when we are there and we send the kids on a mission.

[Linked Image]

It has taken us a bit longer to get there because we never really hit our goal in a given year, but we were slowly seeing progress. It seems like we have hit a critical mass now as this past weekend while the kids were fishing, they caught several young healthy looking bass that should continue to grow well for us. They caught 4 or 5 to 1 of the old skinny fish. Excited to see how these develop in the future as we continue to remove any of the old skinny fish we catch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
IMG_20200517_180542_454.jpg 20200517_171958a.jpg 20200517_171845a.jpg 20200517_165020a.jpg

1 Acre Pond with SMB, YP, LMB, GSF, RES, FHM, GSH, Papershell Crayfish, Pike
5.5 Acre Pond with LMB, BG

My Build Thread