Hi Rowly, you need to look at your version of the NEC and make sure it it the same as here in the U.S. If you are running under 10 amps 1200 watts total then you can use 10/2 underground feeder with ground and do just fine. Anything more than that I would run 10/3 with ground and feed a small breaker box so you would have both 220 and 110 at the termination. This is how I feed my 28 by 32 work garage because I need both 220 and 110 for equipment although I am running #6 as I need higher current capacity as I also feed the folks RV when they are here and the A/C pulls quite a bit of power. I also use a GFI breaker in the main breaker box in the house to feed this line as I do for all lines that go outside of the house to the utility barns and the greenhouse along with the well pump. When I moved into the house I found that the previous owner had replaced the well pump the only thing is they replaced a 3 wore pump with a 2 wire pump and didn't remove the control box which meant everytime the well would come on the third wire which sould have gone to the start winding went to the ground on the well pump! Found this out when I was designing a control system to turn the water on and off when the well casing need to refill. Blew up the first control box into about 10 pieces as the 5 volt logic I was using didn't really like have 220 volts a/c on it. Love the things you find when you buy a house!

Bob