Antro, Rstringer, Pat, Zep and Fire,

Firstly, thank you all for the time you've taken to consider, read and participate in my post. It's like the good old days when people just wanted to talk for the sake of having a conversation with opinions and point of view. It's only been a couple days on this form but I really enjoy it.

We've been bled by Oregon taxes long enough. We are taking into account taxes and insurance which are astronomical in the Eastern portion of Texas.. That being said, the pros outweigh the cons for us. Our original plan was to find a piece of property without a home. We would stay in our travel trailer for a few months while we build a barn, pond and put up fencing. Then we can get to the business of building a home to our liking that is well-balanced with the rest of the structures.

Because there are so many beautiful properties that have existing homes on them in Texas, we are considering those as well. We currently have property in Oregon and have an Ag exemption status. I plan to use that status as well, if available and applicable.

We do like the distance to Dallas from the properties we are considering in Lamar County. We live in the country now but enjoy occasionally heading into the big city for Blazer game or some of the twinkle. As far as desperados go, I grew up in the desert of Southern Arizona. We had our share of local trouble and passing through trouble. Like any home located anywhere in the world, you just have to let your presence be known and don't give thieves or criminals the opportunity to take advantage of you. At least that's the way I have lived my life.

Things just got a bit more interesting for us here. Without the property being on the market, I've been approached by two different parties interested in purchasing  our home. We were planning to meet our realtor this week to discuss our property value. We put a lot of time and money into the property in the last 2 years. The most painful for me was putting a hundred hours on my brand new tractor. frown We shall see what the next week brings! Thank you all again for your time, effort and interest in our lives.

Shawn

Uncle Shawn