The 70# feeder will be plenty for your needs right now (Optimal Jr.). BUT in the future if you want to mix 2 different feeds like Optimal Bass and Optimal Bluegill, then the larger TH feeder would allow you to put both bags completely in the feeder even if there is food left in the feeder. Shipping costs are only about $10 different between the two sizes. In my pond I feed as "supplemental" food and go thru 2 bags of feed per month April thru October. You probably won't go through a bag a month of the Optimal Jr. feed for the first few months. Feed no more than what the fish can consume in 15 minutes. Fish in my pond seem to eat better when fed where there is shade on the water, or early daytime/late daytime.

The shore legs will work on a flat dock too, although they will take up about 6" more footprint in both width and "length". You can lag bolt down the shore legs to the dock too, you'll just have to use larger washers. You should be able to get away with using 3/8" lag bolts on the dock to anchor it.

Get the solar kit to keep the battery charged. During the winter you can leave the feeder out at the pond, leave the battery connected just turn the feed times to "off". That way the solar charger will act as a trickle charger all winter long.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).