OH YEAH! Doggonit. I forgot all about pool noodles. I’ll pick some of those up next trip to town. Thanks for the reminder on those. (DUH - facepalm).

LOL! Thanks for the laugh RStringer! Sorry if it wasn't meant to be funny, but you made me laugh with your post.

Yeah, no kidding. The crystal-clear clarity of the water has always been quite impressive. I can only suspect it’s a natural result due to the rate of flow this pond has. I tried dye, and it was gone in a couple weeks. As in, no trace of it. At anywhere between $25/$35 or so per quart for that stuff, rated at one qt per ACRE and my pond being only 0.13 acre, I dumped the entire thing in, and poof. No more sign in short order. Sort of like darn near treating a creek or something.

There is about a FOOT deep of pure raw grey/black muck mud on the entire bottom of this pond. Interesting that much accumulated in only about fifteen or so years since it was completely dredged out.

Instead of going that route again, given it is VERY expensive, I wanted to try aeration, pond dye, and any other "little-to-no" natural environment impacting method instead of such measures as heavy duty chemicals. I'd like to find a more efficient way besides swimming our German Shepherd in the pond to churn up the muck (see attached photo). There has to be a way to get DO into it, however much I can will help.

Hopefully increased aeration will make a positive difference, combined with lots of dye, and relentless RAKING. Good exercise, that is. Who needs a Gym when there are ponds to maintain?
Thanks again for all the help. I sure appreciate it. Coming into winter, I’m racing getting as much of the FA off the surface before it sinks to the bottom soon.

Attached Images
Gus swimming in the pond muck.jpg