Your question; Will CC control HBG? They have and the HBG, some of which are actually Green Sunfish, have coexisted for about 5 or so years since the last drought. And the HBG/GSF have evidently eliminated any CC fry. In my case, I feed them when I can by hand. I don't live there and the pond is a long way from the house, only accessible by 4 wheeler. I feed a couple of pounds(a coffee can full) whenever I can.

I originally added 25 4 inch CC to the mutt fish about 4 or 5 years ago. They have coexisted pretty well. It's a somewhat delicate balance. If they were closer to the house or if I had a feeder I believe the CC would outgrow the pond. And, the YOY lepomis would possibly get too numerous. Either scenario could cause a fish kill due to the CC eating only feed and not the natural foods.

Bottom line? All ponds are different and if I don't start getting some rains, this pond won't make it. It's dried up twice in the 30 or so years that I have had the land.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP