June 27
Five days since the cut. We are well into hay season, so I only work on the pond when I'm waiting for hay to dry or in the evenings. To this point I have now been back through the cut and cleaned out the mud that washed into it. I also cleaned out a spot to stick the trash pump hose into, and pumped out the remaining water. The wide cut made for great access to haul the pump on the 4wheeler right to where I needed it. I decided not to dig the cut any further down, because how often could it possibly rain. It is almost july after all. LOL!

Now it's time to start getting this hole cleaned out. I made my way around the right side of the pond, which was eroded away on the pond side and a fence on the right. I started into the pond at the dam and as you can see in the pic I started placing the dryer muck around the edge of the hole that I had dug to set the syphon pipe in, purposely to build up some sideboards. You can also see on the left side of the dam where I previously placed a muck pile to dry and soon become a second pit.

Attached Images
1011a.jpg
Last edited by mikepjr; 10/04/19 08:56 PM.