No worries Tracy, and I am totally OK with everything you mentioned.

Of the quotes above my favorite one is Yogi's. What I think he meant to say is this "If you don't know how your are going to get there, then you'll end up somewhere else." At least that is my interpretation of his quote. That's all a plan is. Doesn't mean there won't be bridges out and detours along the way.

Anyone traveling from Missouri to Minnesota will have to travel in a northerly direction. Same thing follows in the example plan. Anyone wanting to maximize FH production and avoid FH from eating themselves out of house and home will have had a grand annual harvest each year. The "harvest", when you think about it, is no different than "planning to travel North from Missouri to get to Minnesota".

To be sure, this isn't the only way to use FH and one's goals may not be geared around FH production but rather the production of harvestable prey fish. These differing goals lead to changes in planning and I had hoped there might be discussions around other types of scenarios.

Last edited by jpsdad; 08/28/19 04:19 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers